Monday, December 28, 2020

Last Week in the Year 2020

The snow is coming down very slowly.  As I sit close to the window, I feel the cooler temperature as I look at the barren trees and wetlands.   The white snow flakes are slowly covering up the rocks and the birds are flying close together to keep warm.

I sit here and ponder that this is the last week of the year "2020".  So much happened in "2020".  It will definitely be a year that no one will forget.

The question is "what did I learn from 2020?"  As I look at the past months, weeks, days and hours, I want to think that this year was not wasted.  

What did I learn?

Am I a better person?

Am I less judgmental?

My spiritual life?

How did I see God work in my life and others?

Is my life better because of the year?

Did I complete the various tasks that I wanted to do for the year?

There are so many questions.

The one thing that I do know is that I feel peace in my life.  When everyone else is feeling turmoil and they are afraid of the unknown, I can say that there is a calmness that I can't explain.  

Isaiah 54:10 - "For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you."

As Mary pondered over the birth of Jesus, I ponder over this past year.  May I continue to allow my life to be directed by the Spirit as I encounter another year!



2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

what a year 2020 has been so many changes, so much sickness in the world but at least in my family we have managed ok and I am sure we will continue to do so

CWMartin said...

I second your prayer- for both of us!