Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A Storm is Brewing

As I looked to the south, I knew a storm was brewing.  A calmness came over me as I observed the spectacular colors.  The colors were orange, yellow, red, dark purple and so many other blended colors. These bold colors reminded me that I believe in a bold God.  Webster says that bold means "showing or requiring a fearless daring spirit".  That is my God, He is fearless.  He stands before others to protect me.

A I thought of all that is going on around the world, I knew that God would be there.  He provides refuge, security and peace.  There are days that I don't know where to turn or know how I will get through a situation.  Psalms 46 states "that God is a very present help in trouble".  God's power is thorough.  As long as He lives through me, He will protect me.

Who do you want to be there for you?  Remember the people of Judah?  When they allowed God to live among them in the city, the city was invincible.  But when they abandoned God, He no longer protected them and Jerusalem fell to the Babylonian army.

May I stand quietly before the Lord.  May I honor His power and His majesty.  I will take time each day to proclaim His name.

When the storm is brewing, I know He will be there!



 
 

2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Storms are nice if they are not too fierce

CWMartin said...

I pray he will be at the storm in Louisiana/Texas tonight...