Thursday, August 26, 2021

What Battle Are You Fighting?

There is so much chaos going in the world and among families and friends.  Should you get vaccinated or should you not?  Should you wear a mask or should you not?  When I look at the turmoil going on over these debates, I also look at what is going on in the world.  

What battle(s) are you fighting among family and friends?  Maybe, I shouldn't be using the word "battle", but at times this is how I feel.

A battle is what is going on over in Afghanistan.  People are hiding and running for their lives and fighting others to keep themselves and their families alive.  That is a true battle.

Instead of the word "battle", maybe I should say "differences".  So many differences.  Who is right and who is wrong?  It depends on what you read.

As a Christian, I am trying to understand.  Not too long ago, I took some time to be still and to pray and to seek what "I" needed to do.  My prayer was that the Holy Spirit would give me the peace that I needed.

I read Romans 13-15 to seek God's direction.  What I walked away with was "differences should not be feared or avoided, but accepted and handled with love.  Differences of opinions should not cause division".  But everywhere I turn, division is what I have noticed.  I almost feel how families felt during the Civil War.  Families and friends were literally torn apart due to their opinions.

I feel as if we are under attack and in a "spiritual warfare".  Satan is using all of this to keep our minds off of what we should be doing.  We should be in constant prayer for our leaders, our country, our family and our friends and for this pandemic.  We are "worrying" and not "praying".

God reminded me that I needed to put on my armor.

Ephesians 6:10-13 - "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of his age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all, to stand."

What is your relationship with Jesus?  Are you being responsible?  Are you respecting others?  God gave you a mind to use.  Seek Him and the decisions that you need to make.

I am praying for the peace that each one of us need.  God is our hedge of protection.  Jesus Christ is our Savior!




1 comment:

CWMartin said...

Satan has found perhaps his most effective tool- widespread hate, encouraged by social media and the concept of "everyone has their own truth". Sometimes I do despair of the whole thing. But then, God takes us in His arms as He did for us this past week.