This must be my week of reconnecting with friends and family.
Another morning of heading to the airport to catch a flight to San Antonio for a family reunion with family members that I haven't seen in almost 6 years.
Also I have reconnected through Facebook with students that now live in the San Antonio area. I was their teacher's aide in the 70's. Those were fond memories teaching students math, English, history, etc.
This afternoon I met with 2 of the students, Kay and Beth. I hadn't seen Beth in almost 29 years and I saw Kay about 2 years ago when I was "waltzing across Texas visiting family & friends." We spent almost 3 hours talking about their lives, their marriage, their children and other students that also attended the school.
As I always say, everybody has a story. We all have had different walks in life. Our walks have made us who we are. I know when I think of my past, I think of good and bad choices that I have made. But I know these choices are what have developed my character.
Kay & Beth, you touched my life today. This afternoon I saw such great character and attributes, as we talked.
* your marriages - you each have been married 30+ years
* your children - Kay, your 3 children and Beth, your 8 children
* empathy that you have for family and friends
* smiles on each of your faces
* laughter as we discussed humorous topics
* honesty - you have spoken the truth to your children
* the love that you have for family and friends
* determination - Beth you went back to school after so many years to get your nursing degree. Kay, your determination to adopt a child from another country.
* your walk with God. In giving Him the glory through all your trials and tribulations.
I am thankful that I had the opportunity today to visit with you 2 and to hear your "story".
Just remember that you are "touching lives". You touched mine today!