Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A New Day

This morning as I enjoyed my coffee and I looked out into the new day, I was in awe of the beauty of the clouds.  The sun was beginning to rise from the east and the pinkish, purple clouds were before my eyes. The temperature is in the 20's and the winds are calm.   It felt good to be still and to enjoy the surroundings before me.

I read these words "Keep your focus on Him.  He has gifted me with amazing freedom, including the ability to choose the focal point of my mind.  Only the crown of His creation has such remarkable capability; this is a sign of being made in His image.

Let the goal of this day be to bring every thought captive to Him.  Whenever my mind wanders, lasso those thoughts and bring them into His Presence.  In His radiant Light, anxious thoughts shrink and shrivel away.  Judgmental thoughts are unmasked as I bask in His unconditional Love.  Confused ideas are untangled while I rest in the simplicity of His Peace.  He will guard me and keep me in constant Peace as I focus my mind on Him."

These words are with me as I finish packing to head to the airport and head to Albuquerque to do a Basic Training Class.  Knowing that I am made in His image, I can handle today.


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Each new day is a great day, unless you wake up dead then not so great for all those who love you