Thursday, December 14, 2017

Flying to Singapore!

Excitement was in the air as I boarded United Airlines in San Francisco!  It was almost midnight.  I had started my morning at about six a.m.  Fortunately, everything was running smoothly at the Denver airport.  Arriving into San Francisco in the early afternoon made it a long wait.

I found my seat in the economy section and I settled in for the sixteen hour flight to Singapore.  There is something about the humming sound of the airplane.  The sound & vibration put me right to sleep. I slept for about an hour and that was it for the rest of the flight.

Being on a flight at night is strange.  Pretty much everyone was sleeping around me.  I had just watched the movie “Passenger” a few days before.   This movie is about a spacecraft that is traveling to a distant colony planet.  It is transporting thousands of people in sleep chambers.  It is a 120 year voyage.  Of course, one of the passengers has a malfunction with their sleep chamber and they are awaken 90 years early.  You will have to see the movie to see what happens.  I felt like that my sleep chamber had malfunction.

I enjoyed the flight by watching many movies, such as “Paris Can Wait”, “Wonder Woman”, “It’s A Wonderful Life”(this was probably my 30th time to see this), etc.

When the Captain said, “the plane will be landing in about an hour”, it was music to me ears.

It was a very smooth landing.  It felt great to stretch my legs.

As I got through customs, I was eager to get my luggage, get a taxi and head to the hotel.  

My adventure in Singapore was just beginning!


No comments: