Friday, December 1, 2017

An Evening of Lights


The sun had set and the temperature had dropped.  Knowing that I needed another 3,000 steps to get my 10,000 steps for the day, I bundled up.  I put on two layers of pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt, a sweatshirt and a jacket.  I pulled out my black gloves and hat.  Looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, I was ready for my evening walk.

As I opened the door, I could feel the cool air on my face.  I looked up into the sky and I could see that the moon was almost full.  With the brightness of the moon and the Christmas lights on the houses, I knew that it would be a pleasant evening of walking.

Not every house had lights, but the ones that did were spectacular.  The warmth of the blue, red, green and white lights helped me to relax and to reflect on the "Reason of the Season".  The Christmas Season is so magical.

There was such a variety of lights. I am partial to the icicle lights.  The white dropping of the lights does make one feel as if there is snow on the ground.  The lights that reflect the snowflakes on the home is also spectacular.

Each house had its own personality.  Some homes had a certain theme, such as Snoopy, the Christmas Story or the Snowman.

A great way to relax at the end of the day during the Holiday Season, is to take a walk and observe the decorations that are just right around your home.  After your walk, you will enter your house with a calmness and peace that you haven't enjoyed in a while.




No comments: