Thursday, December 7, 2017

Reflect on the Moment

This morning as I rocked in my rocker and looked outside at the frost on the ground and the roofs, I was thankful for having a warm home.  The temperature read at 15 degrees.  It was definitely a morning that I wanted to be inside.

To start my morning, I sipped on my hot coffee and observed the birds out in the wetland.  Some were soaring across the blue sky and some were sitting in the trees with their feathers puffed-up trying to stay warm.

It is December 7th, the day that Japanese planes attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii in 1941. The U.S.S. Arizona was completely destroyed and more than 2,300 Americans were killed.

A day that Americans began to fear the unknown.

As Americans, with so much that has happened within the year, hurricanes, fires, shootings, etc., we are still feeling fearful of the unknown.

What can help me to not be fearful?

As I reflected on the emotions that people are feeling, I read from one of my devotional books and these were the words that were written:

"When my focus is broad enough to include Him in my thoughts, I feel safe and complete.  When my perception narrows so that problems or details fill my consciousness, I feel empty and incomplete.

Though the world is unstable and flux, I can experience continuity through His uninterrupted awareness of His Presence.  I need to fix my gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before my eyes."

As I step out in life, I need to keep my faith and have the hope knowing that God does work through all situations and circumstances.

Today is a new day!  As I reflect about life and all the fates that we have endeavored, I know that My God will be there to assist me with each step.





No comments: