Monday, March 19, 2018

Thankfulness

There have been so many articles written on "Being Thankful".  I wonder why we are always having to be reminded to be thankful.  I do believe it is human nature.  It seems we are always wanting something that we don't have.  That is very sad!

The Israelites were always very unhappy.  God had delivered them from the hands of the Pharaoh and helped them to escape from Egypt.  The Israelites didn't remember what God had done for them and was doing for them.  They were set free, they were making a new nation and they were going to live in a new land.  They were so dissatisfied in what God hadn't done for them.

Aren't we just like the the Israelites?  We seem to forget about what God has provided for us.  I seem to forget about the time that God provided a car for me because the car I had no longer was driveable or how about the time I was depressed and I needed a friend and He provided that friend to give me the encouragement that I needed.  Once I stop and think about it, God has provided for me and has protected me in situations that could have gone wrong.

As I have talked about the word grateful.  I need to realize I have so much to be thankful for.  We do forget about our gifts of life, food, health, family and friends.

Are we thankful for what God has done for us or we mad for what He hasn't done for us?  We don't need to reflect on what we don't have, but we need to remember what we do have.

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; before the gods.
I face your holy Temple, bow down and praise your name because of your constant love and faithfulness, because you have shown that your name and your commands are supreme.
You answered me when I called to you; with your strength you strengthened me."
Psalms 138:1-3

The picture reminds me that I need to take time, relax and list all my blessings. I do have a lot to be thankful for!


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Learning to be thankful for many happens with age, the young don't get it, well many young don't get it, I am grateful for my amazing and loving family