Sunday, September 5, 2021

Today is A Day of Being Quiet

As I celebrate the Sabbath, I am reflecting on the week and the rollercoaster of emotions for the week.

Tuesday was a day of rejoicing.  My brother-in-law, George was so much better and stronger.  He was recovering well from COVID.  It is going to be a slow process, but we knew he was on the road to recovery.

And then Friday came and George called to tell us that Adele, his wife, had passed away that morning in the hospital due to COVID/pneumonia.  We were in such shock.  Such shock that I was not able to cry.  Also thinking in thirteen days, Adele would have turned "71".  And next year, George and Adele would have celebrated fifty years of marriage.

Forty-five minutes later, I received a text that a dear friend, who was "95" had just passed away.  Tears began to flow.  I was rejoicing for V, as I knew he was finally with the love of his life, Erma.  Erma had passed away in December of 2019, at the age of "93".  They had been married almost seventy-five years.  They were now together.

Today is a day of being still and resting and exalting God for who He is.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalms 46:10




2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

It's quiet here, sorry to read of the death in your family