Sunday, October 16, 2016

Full Moon

This morning as I laid wide awake at about 4:30, I could see outside and I noticed it was light enough to read. I crawled out of bed and I peaked out the window and I could see a full moon.  It was so big and white.  The light from the moon was reflecting off the galvanized table.

I laid in bed for about another hour and then decided it was time to get up.  I turned on the coffee and sat in my rocker and looked out the big glass window that looks out into the wetland area.  I was in awe of the moon.  It is not everyday that one can see such a beautiful sight.

As I thought about the full moon, it is always amazing to me what God has created and how everything is in place.  To think that the full moon occurs each month when the sun, earth and moon line up, with the moon on the opposite side of the earth to the sun.  It is at this time that the earth-facing side of the moon is completely lit up by sunlight.  This is so powerful.

As I looked at the moon, I thought of the movie, "It is a Wonderful Life".  George Bailey told Mary, "What do you want, Mary?  Do you want the moon?  If you want it, I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you.  Hey.  That's a pretty good idea.  I'll give you the moon, Mary."  George would have been able to lasso this moon.

As the sun began to come up, the moon was still shining bright in the west.  I put on my tennis shoes and headed out into the 40 degree temperature to get in my steps.

The sunrise was as beautiful as the moon.  May your Sunday be as blessed as mine!

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens."  Psalms 8:1







2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I could just picture the full moon and you looking at it, I like to sit outside in the evening and just look up at the moon and stars

Rick Watson said...

Someone is finding her voice.
R