Saturday, October 22, 2016

Indian Summer

Another beautiful Saturday!  This morning the temperature was in the 30s and by two o'clock this afternoon the temperature was in the 80s.

October has been spectacular with the fabulous weather and the outstanding fall colors!  I do believe we will get through October without snow.

I would say that this month has been an Indian summer.  This is a period of unseasonably warm, dry weather that occurs in the autumn.  The weather conditions have been sunny and clear with above normal temperatures.

I enjoyed several walks on this impressive warm, clear day.  As I walked around the neighborhood, I could hear this shrill cry in the distance.  As I got closer to a barren tree, I noticed a mother and infant hawk.  I stood in the distance so that I wouldn't disturb them.  The infant continued to squawk as the mother paid no attention to the infant.  It is amazing the enjoyment of listening to these hawks and such a peace of enjoying these birds that God has created.

It was a beautiful day to enjoy nature!


No comments: