Wednesday, February 27, 2019

My Playlist of Verses

I enjoy putting together my playlist of music.  My playlist of songs consist of music from Broadway Shows; soundtracks from various movies; Frank Sinatra; Norah Jones; Adele; christian music......  The truth, I pretty much love all music.

What would my playlist of verses be?  Throughout my life, I have claimed verses from the Bible that encourage and inspire me to get through a situation; to be the best that I can be and to give me hope.

There are so many verses that have gotten me through my journey of life.  For the next few days, I am going to reflect on the verses that have given me hope and helped me to become that person that offers encouragement to others.

"We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28

This verse was one of my dad's favorite verses.

In my twenties, I was trying "to find myself" and to figure out "what do I want to do with my life".  I was single, living in Austin, Texas; enrolled at the University of Texas and working as a secretary for the Department of Human Resources.  I felt that I had nothing in my life and I wanted to do something that would make a difference.

Through all my trials and tribulations, I would claim this verse.  What does this verse actually mean?  This verse was quoted by the Apostle Paul, as he wrote the believers in Rome.  Paul wanted the believers to become like Christ and to discover God's love.

Without Jesus, we have no hope.  But He has given us freedom from sin and a free will to do His will.  Paul states that everybody has two choices:  you can either be controlled by the sinful nature or you can allow the Holy Spirit to direct your life.  No one is perfect.  Even when we are trying to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, we still allow that sinful nature to creep in.

The one thing that I do know is that the Holy Spirit is God's promise of eternal life.  So as I go through life and the suffering that I endure, I know God has a plan.  He is not going to leave me on my own, but He is going to allow the Holy Spirit to work through me.

God works in "all things", not just certain incidents.  We live in a fallen world and evil is around us, but we can overcome by allowing God to be the conquer.  My trust is in Him and the eternal life that He has promised me.

So as I go through each day, I know that He has already gone before me and that I am in His perfect will.  As a Christian, God has given me this promise. 

May this verse give you the peace that you need in your life!  Remember God knows all things and He is there waiting for you to ask for His help!


No comments: