Sunday, August 2, 2020

Capturing the Moment

Early morning walks are the best!  Here it is the first of August and I can already feel the change of the seasons.  The mornings are cooler and there is a crispness in the air.

This morning was even more special as I walked down the road observing all that God has created.  The new dawn light was hitting the yard of my neighbors when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hummingbird flash by. 

I carry my I-Phone with me so that I can capture those unique moments.  Today, it was the hummingbird.  He wasn't frightened by me.  He just wanted to get the nectar from this plant.  I watched him and took several photos while he went from one flower to the next.  After he got what he wanted, he was gone.

As I continued on my walk, I thanked God for that moment.  How many times are we too busy or preoccupied or upset over something and we didn't "capture the moment".  The Bible talks about how we don't need to live in the past, but we need to live now.  We need to focus on what God is doing at that moment and what He will do in the future.

If I hadn't been looking, I would have missed this shot of the hummingbird.  Remember when Moses took the Hebrews out of Egypt.  They were always complaining.  They weren't looking at where they were.  God had performed miracles in Egypt, but the miracles would even be more spectacular in the future.  They just needed to keep their eyes open and look all around at all that God had provided.

Isaiah 43:18-19 states "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See God is doing a new thing."

Open your eyes and look at what God is doing for you even during this pandemic time!


2 comments:

CWMartin said...

Amen, a well-put idea regardless of pandemics!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Another bloody great post