Wednesday, July 20, 2016

After the Storm

Monday evening, I was headed to the Denver airport to pick up my friends, Rita & Ruthie.  They were flying in from Dallas and Austin. As I was driving south on I-25, a storm blew through. Fortunately, I was in a big truck because the wind was blowing and the sky was black and it began to rain.  The storm passed through quickly.   As I got through the storm and was turning east on the toll road, a double rainbow appeared.  I was in awe of the the beautiful colors and the double rainbow.

Of course, I googled double rainbows and found out that "while a primary rainbow is visible when light is reflected once off the back of a raindrop, a secondary and usually dimmer rainbow is spotted when light is reflected twice in a more complicated pattern.  The colors of the second rainbow are inverted, with blue on the outside and red moved to the inside."

Our surroundings are so majestic.

Seeing the rainbow brought to mind the story of Noah in the book of Genesis.

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind.  Never again will the water become a flood to destroy all life.  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13-16

The promise of the rainbow reminds us of God's faithfulness.

The storming rain and the rainbow reminds me of life and the trials and tribulations that we go through.  As you go through difficulties, know that God is there and He is helping you through those times.  He is faithful and He does have a plan for your life.

I will end with these lyrics.  "Someday I'll wish upon a star.  Wake up where the clouds are far behind me.  Where trouble melts like lemon drops.  High above the chimney top.  That's where you'll find me.  Somewhere over the rainbow."  These words were sung by Judy Garland for the movie "The Wizard of Oz."  

As you follow the road of life, your rainbow will be waiting for you!





2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

It looks as if someone spray painted your sky.
R

Lisa said...

Ive seen double rainbows before. Ive never paid attention to the color arraingemnt of the 2nd rainbow. Its like a mirror refletion. Thanks for the little rainbow information.
Lisa