Monday, August 15, 2016

Life Is What You Make It!

It is amazing what people will tell you.  Today as I took a shuttle to the airport which is about 60 miles from my house, the driver was definitely in the mood for talking.  Within the hour, I found out that he was divorced; he has 2 grown unmarried sons; he grew up in St. Louis, Missouri; fought in the Vietnam War; had a business for 32 years in Wyoming; has land in the Midwest and he has lived in the Ft. Collins area for the past 4 years. 

Five years ago this man took scuba lessons.  He had always wanted to scuba and never had the opportunity in Wyoming.  His first scuba trip was in the Caribbean and he fell in love with Belize City.  He is leaving for Belize on Thursday to find a house, buy a boat and begin a business taking people out on sunset cruises. 

As I sat there and listened to this man, I could feel his excitement in beginning a new adventure and doing something that gives him joy.  He said what do I have to lose. He is going to keep his house and lease it out.  If it doesn't work out in Belize, then he will come back to Colorado. 

As he dropped me off at the airport, I told him that I was happy for him and I knew that he would be successful in his new adventure.

As I walked into the airport, I knew that it would be a great day.  This man's excitement helped me to see that there are so many possibilities out there.  Life is what you make it!




2 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

How great that this chatty man provided such an inspiring moment for you.

Rick Watson said...

Reading this made me smile.
R