Friday, August 19, 2016

The Terminal

I am beginning to feel as if I should live at the Denver International Airport.  I am back at the airport and I am now flying to Houston to visit family and go to a wedding. 

Being at the airport today reminded me of the 2004 movie, "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks.  Tom Hanks is an eastern immigrant that finds himself stranded at the JFK airport.  The U.S. Immigration Department will not allow him to enter into the United States because the country that he is flying from has been overthrown and the U.S. does not recognize the new regime. There is no air service allowed in or out of his country.  So he has no where to go.  Tom Hanks takes up residence within the terminal.  Throughout his time in the terminal, he makes friends, has a love interest and a rival.  Of course, he changes all their lives for the best.  The war ends in his country & he is able to go back to his home.  It ends with him knowing that he will be able to fly back to his country.

I did make it to Houston and I also had a happy ending!  Seeing the end of the day with this sunset reminded me of the blue water that surrounds the Hawaiian islands; with the cotton candy clouds and soft yellow hue on the horizon.

May your day end as beautiful as my did!  Enjoy your weekend!

Come Sunday, I will be back at "the terminal"!



2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Love that picture. I've been stuck in a terminal or two as well.
R

Anonymous said...

I remember that movie!!