Monday, November 14, 2016

SuperMoon

I know that winter is here because the days are shorter and the nights are longer.

It is 6:15 p.m. and outside it is pitch black except for the SuperMoon.  The temperature is still lovely. The meteorologists are saying by this Thursday, the high will be in the 40s and there is a possibility of rain/snow.

With the moon shining so bright, I decided that this would be a lovely evening to enjoy the moon and the stars.

As I put on my jacket and headed out into the cooler temperature, I was in awe of the moon and the clouds that surrounded it.  NASA is saying that this is the closest full moon to the Earth since 1948 and that we will not see another supermoon like this until 2034(18 years from now).

I walked through the quiet neighborhood and the only noise that I could hear was the hooting of the Great Horned Owl.  It was sitting on top of the street light.  As I walked past the light, he swept in front of me into the pasture to find his dinner.

I enjoyed my thirty minute walk in the dark.  I took the same path that I take during the day and came away with a different outlook.  How often have we walked the same path and kept the same shades on?  We never allow ourselves to see anything different.

The next time that you are outside, look around and observe your surroundings.  There is so much that God wants to teach us, if we would only allow Him to.

"To him who by understanding made the heavens, for his steadfast love endures forever."  Psalms 136:5




No comments: