Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday-A Day of Renewing

I can't believe it is already February!  It just seems like yesterday, we were celebrating New Year's Day.

It is a beautiful Sunday in northern Colorado.  It is a great day for a walk.  The sky is blue with wisps of white clouds, there is the warmth of the sun rays on my skin and the feel of the cooler temperatures as I walk into the shaded areas.

I enjoy Sundays, in that I feel it is a day of renewal.  It is the first day of the week and a day to rest and a day to be spirit-filled by attending church or reading scripture.

A scripture that I read today was "But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed.  They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak".  Isaiah 40:31

The Indians saw the eagle as a symbol for strength, leadership and vision.  For Christians, the eagle is seen as a symbol of hope and strength.  Eagles are also beautiful and so graceful when they soar through the sky.  The eyes of the eagle are eight times sharper than that of humans.

The first time that I ever saw an eagle was about fifteen years ago in Glacier National Park in Montana.  Since living in Colorado, I have seen several eagles.  I am always in awe of their beauty and gracefulness as they soar through the sky.

So as I read this scripture, I know that God's strength and power will never diminish and that He will be there with me as I go through good times as well as difficult times.  Like the eagle, I will soar through each day with grace.  God will give me the vision that I need to move forward and to accept every day as a blessing from Him.


No comments: