Monday, August 7, 2017

Trust in HIm

One would never believe that it is August in Colorado.  For the past few days, it has been cloudy and rainy.  The highs have been in the 60's and it almost feels like a fall day.

The dark cloud has lifted, but the clouds are still surrounding me.

As I look at the attached photo, I wonder how do I see beyond the clouds and remember the days of pink clouds, the baby blue sky and the light of a brand new day.


The verse that comes to mind is Proverbs 3:5-6:
""Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

We at times wonder can I really trust God?  Will He get me through these tough times?  By being in prayer and reading the Bible and allowing the Word to be my guide, God will give me the direction that I need.  It is hard to explain to someone about the peace that overcomes me when I am reading the Word.

I must trust God in every area of my life.  This mean; my values, my priorities, my work, my family and my dreams.  When I allow God to be first in my life, I will accomplish His purpose and He will assist me through those dark times.

I just need to remember to take "one day at a time".  God tells me not to worry about tomorrow. Today is His.  As Scarlett O'Hara, from "Gone With the Wind" said, "After all, tomorrow is another day!"








1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Just so wonderful and so spot on