Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Morning Worship

I sit here at my desk looking out at the almost blizzard conditions.  The snow is falling rapidly and the wind is blowing from the north.  Snow is collecting on the blue spruce trees and covering the yard and street.

The only movement that I see is my neighbor shoveling snow, a rabbit hopping from one rock to the next trying to find shelter and the American flag fluttering in the wind.

It is Sunday morning.  I am normally at church, but I chose to stay at home due to the icy, snowy streets.  I enjoy going to my church because it is a place that I feel my faith is renewed and my joy is restored. 

Today I am renewing my faith and restoring my joy by sitting inside my warm, cozy home and reading God's word.  I know that my faith is renewed by having my quiet time and being still so that I can feel His presence.

Psalms 9:1-2 says "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wanders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name."  As I praise God, I am helping myself by expanding my awareness of who He is.

I may not be able to go to church, but I can still worship and praise Him in my own home. 

"Be still and listen to Him as He whispers."

Enjoy your Sunday!





1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

My Sunday was hot and tiring and spent at home doing nothing much other then writing letters and watching telly