Friday, June 7, 2019

The Beauty of Wild Flowers

This morning on my morning walk, I was in awe of the beauty of the wild flowers.  With the nice temperatures and afternoon thunderstorms, the purple and yellow flowers are popping up on the nature trails.

As I looked at the wild flowers, I thought of the verse that I had read this morning:

"Look how the wild flowers grow:  they don't work or make clothes for themselves.  But I tell you that not even King Solomon with all his wealth had clothes as beautiful as on of these flowers.  It is God who clothes the wild grass--grass that is here today and gone tomorrow, burned up in the oven.  Won't he be all the more sure to clothe you?  What little faith you have!"  Luke 12:27-28

This verse helped remind me that God is in control and He is taking care of me and He does provide for my needs.  Maybe not my wants, but my needs are provided.  It is good that I work and plan things.  I just don't need to dwell on what could go wrong. Worrying about something is foolish because God loves us and He knows what our needs are. 

Next time that I start to worry about something, I need to stop and reflect on the wild flowers and the beauty that God has provided for them.  If God can create beautiful plants, then He create something beautiful within me.