Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Wintery Day

I know that the first day of winter is not until December 21st, but for me the last two days have officially begun the winter season.

Yesterday, I woke up to an overcast, snowy day.  During the night, it had snowed about five inches. As I looked outside in the early morning hours, I noticed that no one had driven down the street.  The solid white snow, with no blemish of tire marks, looked like a winter wonderland.  With no one stirring, there was a calmness in the air.

It snowed off and on during the morning hours.  As I looked out of my office window, I was so thankful that I had a warm, comfortable home and that I did not have to drive to an office.

Later in the afternoon, the sun did come out and I bundled up and headed outside for a walk.  With my cap on, knitted gloves and the three layers of clothes that I had on, I was able to handle a thirty minute walk through the neighborhood.  There were others out for a walk as well.   It felt good as the warm sun hit my face.

One could feel the change in temperature as the sun began to set in the west, so I began to walk faster. I made it back to my warm home before the sun set.

This morning I woke up to a -11 temperature and a beautiful sunrise, which was a yellowish, pinkish color.  All I could think of was how majestic God is!  "I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the wonderful things you have done."  Psalms 9:1

With the sun out, it did seem warmer, even though the temperature only reached 20.

Winter is officially here!  With snow on the ground and the colder temperatures, it does feel like Christmas.


3 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Beautiful.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Beautiful photo, not winter here it is summer and stinking bloody hot most days

steppingoutshiningthrough said...

A week from today I will be enjoying the warmth in Sydney. I am looking forward to it!