Monday, September 2, 2019

Proverbs 14 = Discerning

Reading Proverbs 14, I realize how much wisdom there is in reading Proverbs.  You should probably take one verse a day and really think about it.  There is so much thought placed in each verse.

These are some of the verses in this chapter that spoke to me.

Proverbs 14:1, "Homes are made by the wisdom of women, but are destroyed by foolishness."  So many woman today feel as if they have no power, that they have no say of anything.  But the truth is, they have a lot to say by their actions and how they encourage their own family and friends.  As I continue to read this chapter, there is so much that is said regarding our attitudes and our temperament.  They can either destroy some one or lift them up.

Proverbs 14:6, "The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning."  We all know those individuals, who love to complain about everything.  Nothing is ever right.  They wander why their lives are always the pits.  What is their attitude?  Are they seeking wisdom?  To have wisdom, you must seek it.

Proverbs 14:29, "If you stay calm, you are wise, but if you have a hot temper, you only show how stupid you are."  Who hasn't had a hot temper?  The truth is "we have all lost our temper".  The time that I lost my temper, I felt embarrassed.  I had to figure out what the root of the whole situation really was.  By having a temperament, we begin to push people away.  People do not want to be around ones who have anger issues because you never know when they are going to explode.  Anger is a sin because it does tear you away from your walk with Jesus. 

Proverbs 14:33, "Wisdom is in every thought of an intelligent man; fools know nothing about wisdom."  When I am seeking wisdom, I feel a calmness that comes over me.  God's peace is with me and it guides me to know the direction that He wants me to go.  A fool doesn't have peace.  They just continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over.

Every time that I read this chapter, a different verse speaks to me.  That is why I need to continue reading Proverbs.