Sunday, July 28, 2019

Proverbs 7 = The Immoral Life

Solomon starts chapter 7 with these words "my son, keep my words and store up my commands within you.  Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.  Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart."  Growing up, my parents would give me instructions every time that I left the house.  I thought if I hear these instructions one more time, I am going to scream.  Now at the age of sixty-five, my parents are still giving me instructions. Just like Solomon, my parents care about what happens to me and sometimes they are the voice of God speaking to me.

Solomon knew his own heart and how God had spoken to him and at times he didn't listen.  Solomon wanted his son to understand the ways of the world and that Satan would use whatever tool he could to capture him. 

Every one needs a purpose in life.  Without a purpose, it is so easy to go down the wrong path.  In this chapter, Solomon talks about the adulteress and how she knows what she wants and the person that she can draw into her web.  She is dressed beautifully and her words are seductive and smooth.  Her strategy is to capture you.  Even though, Solomon is talking to his sons; girls and women need to be aware of the entrapment of smooth talking men.  Just remember today's thrill may lead to tomorrow's ruin.

What can one due to not be trapped by these seductive women or men?  Be careful what you read and look at and don't encourage fantasies that can stimulate the wrong desires.  Now days, people need to be careful on what they read on the internet and who they correspond with.  There are so many chat rooms that are trying to draw young people into their web.

I know that there are a lot of lonely people out there and they are trying to find love in the "wrong places". 

Keep your eyes on the future and be in God's word!   Walk away from the darkness and allow your life to shine in God's light.


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well said, my friend, a good post