Monday, July 29, 2019

Proverbs 8 = Wisdom is Calling

For the past three chapters, Solomon has talked about sin and sexual immorality.  That is how Satan calls us to him.  God calls us with wisdom.  He wants us to be successful and to have the peace, love and joy that we need to enjoy each day.

Remember Proverbs 3:13-15.  Wisdom is more important than silver, gold or precious rubies.  Proverbs 8:10-11 repeats the verse.  "Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her."  As I look at my diamond/onyx ring and my sapphire ring on my fingers, I see such beauty.  And to think wisdom is more beautiful than these stones.

Wisdom is God.   Wisdom is the foundation on which our lives are built on.  Once again, wisdom is there for us to ask for.  James 1:5 states "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  Employ God's wisdom in your daily decisions. 

The last two verses sums up Chapter 8.  "For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord, but whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.".  God's wisdom gives you life.  Without God's wisdom comes death.  Death refers to the peace and joy that we will not enjoy while we are on this earth.

Wisdom is a gift from God.  All we have to do is "ask".


1 comment: