Monday, March 30, 2020

Assurance & Hope

One of the great things about living in Colorado is that every time that look I to the west I see the Rocky Mountains.  The mountains are so majestic and powerful.  Looking at the mountains, I always wonder what the settlers heading west thought when they had their first glimpse of the massive mountains before them.  I am always in awe of the shape and beauty. 

On my fifth day of "stay at home", I enjoyed the morning with my devotional time as well as getting out and stretching and walking for about 3 miles.  I needed to be mentally ready to tackle the computer and some of the real estate transactions that I needed to deal with.

My walk around the neighborhood, I have areas where I can see Longs Peak.  Even though it is March, the mountains are still getting lots of snow.  Seeing the peaks covered with snow always puts a smile on my face.

Psalms 121:1-2 says "I lift up my eyes to the mountains--where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."  God not only made the mountains, but He also made heaven and earth.  God gives me protection day and night, as well as assurance and hope.  He is all powerful and watches over us at all times.

During this time of the coronavirus, I know that I am safe and I never outgrow knowing that I always need God's protection.


1 comment:

CWMartin said...

Again, amen! Nature often reminds us that God is still in control.