Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Beauty We See

I have been watching the "Outlander".  The novel series was made into a television series.  The main character, Claire, a married former WWII nurse who in 1946 finds herself transported back to Scotland in 1743.  Two hundred years in the past.  I also am feeling that I am in the past.

With the coronavirus pandemic, I feel as if I am in a "dream" or as some people have stated a "nightmare".  Each morning that I wake up I lay there and begin to replay the past few days and weeks.  If I hear one more time all the guidelines for "Social Distancing Requirements", I feel as if I am going to scream.  I do understand why these guidelines are in place.  We are trying to prevent this virus from spreading.  But I also know, the majority of these guidelines I have practiced for years.  I have practiced everything except the hand-shaking and the six-foot social distancing from others.  I am a hugger and hand-shaker.  After all this is over, watch out, because I am going to be "hugging" and "handshaking" everybody.  There is something about the touch of others.

As I respect these rules, I am taking the time to be outside and to enjoy the spring weather.  Thankfully it is spring and not the middle of winter.  We would all be going stir-crazy.

As I take my daily walks, I am in awe of the bulbs peeping out of the ground.  The purple crocus remind that there is a season for everything.  Song of Solomon says "Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land."  Do not allow problems, conflicts or the situation of the virus ruin your ability to enjoy God's gifts of springtime.  Take the time to enjoy the world God has created.


No comments: