Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 10-Reflecting

A day of reflecting on the past several months.  Have we already lived a quarter of 2020?  So much has happened in the past three months.

As I worked on my photo album from Kenny's and mine's trip in January, I thought about the wonderful new friends that we met on our cruise from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale.  On every cruise we have ever taken, we have been blessed to get to know some fabulous people from all over the world.  It is always so interesting to find out how other people live and what their life styles are like.

A quote that I like is "traveling-it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller."  So true!  Everybody has a story to tell.  You just have to stop and listen.

When I think of our cruise in January, a smile comes to my face when I think of Huatulco.  This is a small town on the western coast of Mexico.  I was in awe as the ship sailed into this tranquil fishing village.  The blue green water and golden sandy beaches were calling my name.  It was a fun day walking along the beaches, around the plaza, listening to the mariachi band and talking with the locals.  I was sad to leave as I wanted to relax a few more days here.

Today is day 10 of "stay in place" and I wonder if I will ever travel again. I had to cancel my trip to France at the end of May.  Kenny and I have made plans for a cruise in February 2021 to New Zealand.   I will continue to dream of new places to visit.  It gives me hope that a cure and vaccine will be discovered for the coronoavirus.  In the meantime, I will go back and remember all the wonderful places that I have traveled to. 

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  God chose to create this earth and us. We are valuable in His eyes and He has a plan.  Enjoy what He has provided!

Huatulco, Mexico

Huatulco, Mexico

2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Reflection can be good

CWMartin said...

"A quarter of 2020..." Wow...