Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 30 - What Does Today Hold?

As I looked outside of my window, I could see a storm brewing to the west of us.  With the wind picking up, I could hear the chimes clanging a soft melody and I watched the wind ornament spin round and round.  The trees were swaying back and forth and the birds were gliding within the wetlands.

The birds didn't seem concern about the weather, so why do I worry about today or tomorrow?  

Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Proverbs 27:1, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."

Reading these verses, I know that I need not get concerned over COVID-19.  Do I need to be aware?  Yes, I do.  Do I need to take precautions?  Yes, I do.  If God is going to take care of the birds, then He is definitely going to take care of me.

Planning for today and tomorrow is smart.  Worrying about it, is only wasted time.  Are you planning, making goals, scheduling and trusting in God's direction.  When you have planned ahead, it takes away your anxiety and stress.  When you have less stress, your immune systems does so much better.

How could I have planned for COVID-19?  I don't think I could have.  But for years, I have been aware of proper hygiene.  I carry disinfectant wipes and gel with me.  When I sneeze or cough, I make sure I don't spray everyone around me.  

Also, after living through several hurricanes, I make sure I have enough bottled water, my car is filled with gas, I have some extra cash and I have canned food available.

I see the storm coming, but I am not anxious because I know that I am in God's hands.


1 comment: