Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 20 - Great Is Your Faithfulness

Looking out of my office window at the white cotton snow, blue sky and not a single cloud could seen, the words "Great Is Your Faithfulness" came to mind.  With such peace, I am not even thinking about "shelter in place" or "coronavirus".

The past few days I have spoken with several friends that have so many personal issues in their own lives, such as the death of their mother; being furlough from their jobs; personal health issues, and so much more.  As I talk with them, I try to give them the words that Jesus would say.  Sometimes I don't think Jesus said much.  He was just quiet and was with them.

I looked up the word faithful and this is what I found.  Faithful is an adjective that means steadfast in affection; firm in adherence to promises and given with strong assurance.  It is such a powerful word.

There is a hymn about faithfulness, as well as many verses that talk about being faithful.  Here are some of them.

The words from the hymn "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" - "morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided".  Whose hand?  God's hand.  He is there with you.

Lamentations 3:21-23  says "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope; because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness".  God is faithful.  There may be so many different things going on in our world, but God has promised restoration and blessing among us.

Even Hebrews 11:1 says "now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  The commentary for this verse says "faith is the conviction based on past experience that God's new and fresh surprises will surely be ours."  We may not see God at work, but He is working among us.

Without faith, I have nothing. I will keep my faith in God so that I can continue to have the peace that I need to get through these times.


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well said, some food for thought here