Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day 21 - Press On

It felt good to get away from the house.  This was my weekly run to the grocery store.  I have been "staying at home" except for the once a week journey to purchase groceries.  I pulled into the parking lot with about fifty other cars.

I put on my surgical mask, protective gloves and grabbed some disinfectant wipes and made my way into the store.  With my NYC baseball cap and dark glasses, I wandered around the building going through produce, getting some fresh fish and other items.  It was easy getting around the store, as there only a certain amount of customers that can be in the store to assist with social distancing.  I found almost all the items that I wanted.  The paper aisle with toilet paper, paper towels and tissues only had two to four items of each. 

Bringing the groceries into the house is a process.  I put all the sacks on the washing machine and wipe down everything before bringing the products into the kitchen.  As I go through this ritual, I am just thankful that I can get groceries.

The rest of my day was filled with exercising, working on real estate and reading.  I continue to read through my daily devotions to give me the encouragement that I need for another day.

Today I read Philippians 3:13-14, "But one thing I do; forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Paul was talking about forgetting what was behind.  That is how I feel about this virus.  I can not become consume with this whole situation.  I can do my part by "staying at home", but I need to press on.  I need to continue to run toward the goal, which is drawing closer to Jesus.  To continue to encourage others and to help them to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  These are dark days, but there is a light of hope.

The picture that I thought of when I read this verse is the picture of this young girl running through the town of Granada.  Her smile and determination in running reminded me that we can't give up.  Keep on running towards the mark!





1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I don't even go grocery shopping I do it online and Tim will pick it up Saturday morning