Monday, April 20, 2020

Day 26 - Daydreaming

When you look into the sky, what do you see?  Some say they see clouds, sun, blue sky, birds and the list goes on.  And then there are those who look into the sky and daydream.

Today is one of those days for me.  Twenty-six days ago, the governor issued "stay in place"/"stay at home".  There is something about knowing you shouldn't go anywhere, that you want to go somewhere. 

When I took a break from working, I just sat there and looked into the blue sky with the big fluffy clouds floating by.  I love traveling and I haven't been on a plane in about two months.  I normally fly somewhere almost every month.  So I am ready to go. 

Today was my day to think about the future and where I want to go.  I had a trip planned to travel to France at the end of May.  With the coronavirus, that will not be happening.  Some people say they will never travel again.  I say, "I am ready".

Daydreaming is actually good for people.  It helps your mind be creative and to plan for the future.  Without plans, one never accomplishes anything.  If you are bored, daydreaming will help you get out of that funk. 

As I sat outside, I thought of all the fun things that I will do when I make it to France.  I will travel to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, sit at a cafe and drink coffee, go to museums and so much more.  I will then travel to Normandy and go to the beaches where D-Day took place.  I will then travel to Lyon to enjoy the historical and architectural landmarks.  Annecy, which is near the Alps, will be another city that I will tour. 

My dreams will help me get through these times.  You have to have dreams and goals.  They give you a destination and an itinerary to work towards.  As the restrictions are dropped, I will begin to set-up my flight and find hotels.  In the meantime, I am going to plan it all out and then I will follow through.

Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."  I will commit to God and then put effort into making these plans happened.  It will be God's perfect timing when I arrive in France.  For some reason, my trip in May was not in His timing.

In the interim, I will continue to dream.


2 comments:

CWMartin said...

Not the only virtual friend I know that lost a trip to this...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Daydreaming is wonderful but not something I do a lot of