Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Day 13 - The Robin

Another day of "stay at home" and last night we found out that it has been extended through April 26th.  This was originally suppose to expire April 11th.  With the days extended, I can feel my own attitude changing.

One understands "if the choice is between a temporary shutdown and a catastrophic loss of life, the choice is clear".

I had to sit down and reflect on my words that I tell everyone else.  "This Too Shall Pass."  "God is in control." 

You do feel as if "hope is slipping away".  For a moment I got just a glimmer of how one feels that as if there is no tomorrow.

On days like today, I have to get out and walk all by myself.  It gives me time to think and to see the big picture.

On my walk, I saw this robin in a tree and it was as if he allowed me to get close to take his picture.  The robin is a symbol of good luck and that spring is near.  A robin does make you think that there are new beginnings around the corner.  As God provides for the robin, He will also provide for me.

"Lord thank you for today and for my home, food, water, clothing, etc that you have given me.  Thank you that I have peace in my home and that I can worship you.  Lord, we pray for that vaccine and/or cure that is needed to heal the people with the coronavirus.  Continue to give the strength and the wisdom that the doctors and nurses need to treat these people.  Thank you for the ones that are working at the grocery stores, truck drivers, suppliers, etc. so that I can have food to eat.  Lord, as I come before you, may I trust you and know that you are healing our world as I type.  Thank you Lord for all that you do for each one of us!  May this be the week of "miracles"!

The robin posing.


2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

We are adjusting slowly to being locked down till when................
who knows most likely for another 5 months

CWMartin said...

I'm getting a little squirrelly... but common sense and faith yet prevails...