Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 7 - April Fool's Day

Knowing today was April 1st, I was hoping that when I crawled out of bed that the coronavirus pandemic was just a practical joke.  After reading and getting updated on the news, I knew today was day 7 of "stay at home".

I enjoyed the 74 degrees weather with a walk and a bicycle ride as tomorrow the high will be approximately 37 degrees with snow on the ground.  What a difference a day makes!

That is so true.  Just like the weather can change within 24 hours, so can our circumstances.  I have noticed more people saying "this too shall pass". 

Matthew 6:34 states "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  We can plan for our days.  Planning, setting goals, scheduling and trusting God is going to help us not to worry.  Worrying will only jeopardize us mentally as well as physically. 

With all the craziness going on, I am respecting what we need to do to get the coronavirus under control, but I am also trying to utilize my time wisely instead of worrying about tomorrow.  Worry creates fear and with fear we find it hard to have a relationship with God. 

Even Scarlet O'Hara from "Gone With the Wind" said at the end of the movie "After all tomorrow is another day".

So day I challenge you "to worry less" and "pray more"!

Spring is here!

Some more kids out drawing on the sidewalks.

2 comments: