Sunday, April 19, 2020

Day 25 - Recipe for A Smile

Today as our church service was streaming, the "Doxology" was sung.  This is my go to song for whenever I am upset or can't figure something out. 

"Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav'nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."

When I praise God and thank Him for all things, I always have a peace.  The situation or circumstances may not change, but I am able to walk through the valley knowing that I will reach that mountain.

I have shared this with several friends and now I hear them singing the "Doxology" when times are tough.

After singing this morning, I felt that I needed to bake homemade chocolate chip cookies and that I needed to share with friends.  Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?

It always brings joy to me to see people "smile".  Today I brought smiles to several friends by sharing these hot, fresh, delicious cookies with them.  The next time a friend is going through some challenging times, sing and share the "Doxology", as well as bake some chocolate chip cookies.



2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Smiling is so important

CWMartin said...

You know, it is a great song when the battle to pray is a struggle... I use it, too.