Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 9 - Snow on the Ground

Looking out into the wetlands and seeing the white snow, I wonder if it was really spring.   Two days ago it was in the 70s and today it is in the 40s.  On days like today, it is hard for me to venture out.  I just want to stay inside and hibernate.  I am definitely ready for warmer weather and to be able to walk around the house without socks, long pants and a sweater.

But there is something about snow.  It is so white and peaceful looking.  The adjectives that come to mind when I think of snow is purity, honesty, innocence, cleanliness and righteousness.  When I think of these adjectives, it does make me feel that this weather shall pass.  And that summer will be here before I know it. 

The various seasons, winter, spring, summer and fall, actually describe our walk through life.  We need to realize that COVID-19 is a season.  Through all of this, I am learning a lot.  I am learning to rest and not feel as if I have to rush here or there.  We are the ones that have always made our lives more complicated than what they are.

I am learning to let God's spirit to speak through me and to give me the peace that I am needing during these times.  The words of the flesh/man are what makes me anxious, fearful, stressed, scared of the unknown and so much more. 

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  II Corinthians 10:3-5

With God's word, there is prayer, faith, hope and love.  Don't allow the words of man bring you down.  God has a new season for you to experience.  You just have to be willing to allow Him to take you from one season to the next.


3 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I liked the snow photo

steppingoutshiningthrough said...

Thank you!

CWMartin said...

" Don't allow the words of man bring you down." Getting harder to do these days.