Wednesday, March 6, 2019

A Discerning Heart

The Bible has a lot to say.  Even if you aren't a Christian and you believe that the Bible is hogwash. The book of Proverbs is for everyone.  There have been some great teachers with some of the most inspirational quotes.  One of the greatest authors and kings was Solomon.  He wrote the book of Proverbs(which is in the Bible) to teach people how to have wisdom, to know right from wrong and how to have a discerning heart.

The book of Proverbs is a guideline for young people, leaders and actually all people.  Solomon did not discriminate against age, sex, color or their position in society.  He wanted everyone to have wisdom for daily living.

There are so many quotes in Proverbs, but one of my favorites is "trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Never rely on what you think you know.  Remember the Lord in everything that you do and he will show you the right way."  Proverbs 3:5-6

What does this actually mean?  As we all know, it is hard to trust someone.  We all have been hurt.  To trust is to give all of your self to someone(physically and emotionally).  Then they went against you or told someone something that you had said or done, etc.....  So if we can't trust a family member or friend, how are we going to trust God?

As I have studied, God is the only one that I can trust.  He has always been there.  He created me.  He knows what is best for me.   You have to make a choice:  you either "trust Him" or you don't.  I have made the choice, to "trust Him".

He will make my paths straight by guiding and protecting me.  I do have a free will and God does want me to think and to plan, but He also wants to be a part of the planning.  He will guide me to assist me in accomplishing His purpose.

So as I go through the chapters of my life, I can see where I allowed God to direct me and also the times when I told Him to move over because I was driving.  He is a wonderful God.  He moved over and He allowed me to take over, but He also allowed me to walk through the valley.  He was waiting for me at the top.  I just had to reach up and say "please pull me out of this valley". 

Proverbs has thirty-one chapters.  You could read one chapter for each day of the month.  You will be surprised how God will speak to you by reading these words from a wise man named Solomon. 

Take the challenge and allow your life to change!




1 comment: