Monday, March 4, 2019

Unfailing Love

"The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise.  The Lord is all I have and so in him I put my hope."  Lamentations 3:23-24

Looking east, one can see the picturesque colors of pinks and blues as the sun rises.  There is no way that a person can ever capture the beauty of the morning sun.  As the rays of light beam across the sky, one knows that God's unfailing love is like the rays of hope.

Lamentations was written by Jeremiah.  Jeremiah was grieving from the destruction of Jerusalem.  Have you ever felt that your heart was so burden that you couldn't continue on in life?  I know that I have.  The years of depression hit hard with me and I always felt that the black cloud followed me and that I would never find joy or happiness in my life.  That is what happens when we allow sin to take over and to control us.

How does one break free?  It is a process of where you finally believe the words of God.

Jeremiah began to realize that it was the Lord's mercy that had prevented total loss among Jerusalem.  Even through all the wreckage, God was able to turn everything into good.  Remember Paul and his words "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him".

Prayer and confession of sin is the beginning of the cleansing process and that will set you free from the choices that you have made.

Like Jeremiah, we need to remember God's faithfulness and how he restores us as he restored Jerusalem.  Today is a new day.  Allow the Lord's unfailing love and mercy to give you the hope that you need!