Sunday, March 24, 2019

Soar Like the Eagle

About five miles from my house is a lake with a huge cottonwood tree.  Even though it is March, spring has not sprung in Colorado and the tree is barren.  On top of this tree sits a bald eagle. Every time I drive by there are cars pulled over.  People are out with their binoculars and cameras trying to capture the eagle's pose as it sits on the branch with his head up high and with all the confidence of the world.  To have that much confidence.

The eagle is America's emblem of the nation.  It symbolizes such strength and freedom. 

Every time I see a bald eagle, Isaiah 40:31 comes to mind.  "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run  and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Praise God, I believe in a God that gives me hope and strength.  He helps me to rise above difficulties.  By trusting Him, I know that I can be like that eagle.  As I am challenged with life and I wonder how I am going to get through a situation; I will raise my head up high and spread my arms(wings).  God will give me the assurance.  I will be still and patient and wait on Him as he fulfills his promises.


2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What an amazing bird

CWMartin said...

Amen, I wish I turned things to God's glory on a more regular basis...