Friday, March 8, 2019

Forgetting

There is so much that I learn from watching movies, listening to music and reading verses from the Bible.  It is always perfect timing.

As I read "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14, I know that God forgives me of my past and He wants me to move forward.

Paul, who was the author of Philippians, wanted to know Christ, to be like Christ and to be all that Christ had for him.  Remember Paul, whose name was Saul, was a Jew and was very religious.  He knew the Bible and believed that Christians were dangerous to Judaism.  He believed this so much that he persecuted the Christians and he approved of Stephen's stoning.  But God used Paul and changed his heart.  A man who once persecuted Christians became a believer and preached Christ.  Christ even changed his name to Paul, so that he would know that he had a new beginning.

We have all done something in our lives, that we are ashamed of and we want to forget.  This verse assures me that my hope is in Christ and that I can let go of the guilt of my past and know that God has something special planned for me in my future. 

I am forgiven once that I accept Christ as my Savior. And I know that He wants me to concentrate on my relationship with him and to live a life of faith and obedience. 

If you have something going on in your life and you don't have the peace that you need, give it to Jesus.  Ask for forgiveness and He will cleanse you.  As you drive your car, you have a huge window in front of you to observe everything around you.  The rear view mirror is small and you only see a little bit behind you.  This is like your past.  Let it be your rear view mirror.  Don't dwell on it.  Keep looking ahead and all that God has planned for you!  Press on and run the race!


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

some things are meant to be forgotten