Monday, March 25, 2019

What is the Desire of My Heart?

As I look unto the sky, I see the different different colors of blues and the various shapes of clouds.  The hole in the clouds makes me think that God is peeking down on me.  As I speak to Him, I am asking "what is my next stage in life?"   I am no longer working 24/7.  My job in the cosmetic world was my identity for 20 years and it was who I was.  What is my next focus?  Where can I be used to glorify Him?

I read this verse today "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."  Psalms 2:4.  The question is "what is the desire of my heart"?  I have tried many things, but nothing just grabs me.  

I have written so much lately on "be still".  Maybe that is my focus for now.  People always say "be careful for what you wish".  I don't want my life just to be filled with things to do.  There is a lot to do out there.  One can volunteer, join a book club, knit, take cooking lessons, play a sport, such as golf, etc.......

I want to have joy about whatever I do and a peace that this is where God can use me.  As I am typing, I am laughing to myself.  At this time, I have peace and I have joy at just being at home.  Well, maybe that is my answer!


2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I wonder what the desire of my heart is

CWMartin said...

Be still- it might just mean wait and listen... And I will add you do a good job for Him here.