Monday, March 11, 2019

Be Still

There is something about sitting in the woods and being still.  You will here things that you normally never would.  As you sit there and listen, you can hear the wind as it blows through the leaves and across the debris of the land.  The fluttering of the bird's wings and their chirping voice brings a musical tune to mind.  In the distance, you can also hear the faint buzzing of the bees as they fly from one flower to the next.  Just within a few minutes, one can hear so much by just being still.

As I read Psalms 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth", I can feel His mighty power.

God wants you to come before Him and feel His presence.  So often we say, Lord I can't hear you.  Are you totally shutting down your surroundings, such as your phone, the radio, the television, etc.?  We always seems to have some noise around us.  Is it to keep us from thinking about things we don't want to think about?  Is it to keep us busy?  At times we are running from God, so we surround ourselves with material things and noise.

I challenge you to take one minute without anything distracting you and just meditate on the words "Be Still and Know that I am God".  You will feel His presence!


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

It pays to just be still at times