Saturday, March 2, 2019

A Pure Heart

Looking outside the window watching it snow, I reflect on the pureness of one's heart.  When I look at the color white, I always think of purity and innocence and cleanliness.  White brings to mind, a bride's dress, a hospital, doctors and so much more.

My playlist of verses are playing through my mind as I think of the snow and the purity.  The verse that my mind lands on is:

"Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me.  Do not banish me from your presence."  Psalms 51:10-11.

My mind flashbacks to the 70s and 80s and all the turmoil that my life was in and the choices that I had made.  Would I ever have a peace and a productive life?

The Book of Psalms is in the center of the Bible.  It is a collection of songs and prayers that expresses the heart and soul of man.  There are several different authors that define their feelings throughout Psalms.  David is the one who wrote Psalms 51:10-11.  David had written these verses after he had slept with Bathsheba(another man's wife).  God had described David as a man after his own heart.

We all have a sinful heart.  No man is without sin.  God wants us to come before Him and ask for forgiveness.  Jesus Christ is that bridge between us and God.  As a Christian, we sometimes think that we can go do whatever and ask God for forgiveness and we can go do it again and ask forgiveness again and repeat it again and again and again.....  We can do that.  But we will miss out on what God wants to do in our lives if we don't seek Him and walk with Him and ask for His assistance in not sinning.

I am not perfect or without fault, but throughout the years I have learned how to ask God to create a pure heart within me and to allow the Holy Spirit to direct me.  Just like David, I am asking God to cleanse me from within.  Only when my heart is cleansed can I feel the Spirit within me.

Stop whatever you are doing and pray "create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me."  In the stillness, you will feel His presence and know that He has cleansed you and made you whole.


1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

White is such a pure colour