Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Don't Stop Praying!

I love the weather changing.  You can feel the change in the temperature.  The mornings are now in the 30s and during the day the temp is in the 60s.  With it being warmer in the mornings, I enjoy getting out and walking.

This morning as I was walking and praying(talking to God) I looked up into the sky and observed how blue it was with the wisps of the clouds and then to see the plane with the white contrail behind it.  It is still cold in the higher altitudes.  It is still amazing to me how a plane stays in the sky.  I don't have an engineer's mind, but the builder of that plane knew what he was doing.

To me it just amazes me what God does.  If God knows what He is doing, then why do I even pray?  Praying is probably more for myself than it is for God.  Praying helps me to draw closer to God and to allow Him to work among myself.

God's word is so filled with so many books and verses that at times I don't even know where to begin.  As I stay in the word, God does bring special verses to mind.  Today the verse that comes to mind is "For this reason we have always prayed for you, ever since we heard about you.  We ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will, with all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives."  Colossians 1:9

It is interesting to note that Paul was the author of Colossians.  Paul was writing this book from  prison in Rome.  Paul had never visited Colosse, but he had heard about these new Christians and he wanted to encourage them and also to warn them against false teachings.

This shows me how important it is to pray for someone or something.  We may have knowledge, but we also need wisdom.

I have so many friends and family with health issues.  Of course, my prayer is always heal them. There are so many other issues that we pray for others.  I even have people that call me and ask me to pray for one of their family members or friends.   So how do I pray?

Colossians tells us how we should pray.  If the person is a believer than you need to thank God for their belief in Him.  If they aren't a believer, than I pray that they will come to have that personal relationship with Jesus.  One also needs to pray for wisdom and knowledge for whatever the prayer request is.  Pray for a spiritual understanding and guidance of their needs.  We also need to pray for strength and endurance during their journey.  Also, I ask for God to give them a hedge of protection.  As we all know, when we are going through something, there are always battles.  As you end your time with God, praise Him and rejoice for what He will do in their lives.

By praying, it will give you a new attitude towards that individual.  As you pray know that God does answer.  It just may be a yes, a no or wait.  But He does answer!  Everything is in His timing!

The universe is so big.  But know there is a mighty God that wants all of us to be in fellowship with Him.  Praying is what will bring us all together!




1 comment:

CWMartin said...

"Why God is pleased to command us to pray at all is not difficult to discover, for prayer glorifies God by putting man in the humblest posture of worship." -CH Spurgeon